OVER 30 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
About the Team & Position
As a developer you’ll develop reliable and highly flexible systems in the market. The kind of software that ensures we buy and sell faster and more efficiently than anyone else. You will have full responsibility for the entire software development lifecycle. You’ll be responsible for designing and optimising our systems, both technically and functionally to improve our trading success.
Some of the things you could be involved in are:
- Exchange connectivity software & automated trading strategies
- Tools to aid development and management of our systems
- Help improve our automated trading systems and strategies optimising
The difference with technology at Optiver is how fast the pace is, and the direct impact it has on trading. Where traditional software development teams can take months or years to build systems from business requirements, our developers work closely with traders to ensure a short development life cycle and quick feedback on the impact of your work.
- You have at least 3 years’ work experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with high-transaction, low-latency optimisation, low level networking or real-time systems
- Technologists who are passionate about software and not only like to learn about it at work, but also like to get involved in their own projects at home
- Natural problem solvers who love nothing more than tackling a complex technical challenge
- Team players who love working with like-minded peers and are always looking to learn and improve
In return for you joining our team, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!