Optiver is an active market participant in a variety of equity and equity derivatives across multiple markets. Detailed understanding of the underlying company and the events surrounding it allows us to both confidently operate our core market making business as well as capitalise on unique trading opportunities. An Equity Research/Strategist opportunity exists within our strategic trading team to significantly impact this effort. As this role is only the second of its kind at Optiver APAC, this is a great opportunity for someone with equity experience to impact a high-performance trading team, with scope to help grow this function as a larger part of the business going forward.
What you’ll do:
You will join a team of 20+ traders who are actively trading a variety of stocks and derivatives on Hong Kong markets. You will provide both in-depth analysis on events on the less-than six month timeframe, and opinions on breaking headlines as they happen in order to facilitate directional risk taking. You will be part of a rigorously analytical team with high discretion and an appetite for identifying and capturing unique opportunities that the market is not yet aware of. This opportunity suits a strategist who is most engaged by extensive research and in-depth understanding of equities as opposed to the sales aspect that is often a responsibility of these roles in sell-side firms.
What you bring:
- Extensive HK and China Equity Analysis/Event Strategy experience in a major investment firm
- Experience of leading analysis on a number of stocks with a proven track record of generating unique insights that challenge market consensus
- Ability to turn your expertise in stock knowledge into actionable information in a trading environment
- Able to work in a highly analytical and fast-paced environment
- Experience analysing the Hong Kong equity market is preferred
- Ideally you bring language skills in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
What we provide:
When you join Optiver, we commit to helping you to develop and excel. You will receive training that educates you around our approach to trading, the theory behind it and the systems that enable it. We also commit to providing an environment that fosters collaboration, high performance and enjoyment of work. On top of this we provide highly competitive remuneration packages that rewards performance through both fixed and variable components.
To hear more about this role, our awesome culture and our range of perks, apply now!