At Optiver, trading is our business. Our success depends on high performance systems and technology. In modern trading, nanoseconds matter and optimising is harder than ever. Success in this landscape demands fast iteration, curiosity, and creative problem solving.
This is where you come in.
What you'll do
- Use your understanding of computer systems and networks to improve performance of ultra low-latency trading.
- Analyse different switches, firewalls, and networks and determine how to reduce latency.
- Research, innovate, and implement optimisations in our trading environments.
- Work closely with software and hardware developers to make custom research tools, build experimental labs, and prioritise changes.
- Interact with custom hardware devices, wireless networks, and other cutting edge technology.
- Examine packet captures to find patterns, formulate theories and validate them experimentally.
What you bring
- An understanding of computer networks, computer systems, and Linux.
- Experience in white-hat reverse engineering software or networks.
- Outstanding communication skills. You’re able to coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups, challenging thinking and obtaining buy-in. You're comfortable communicating with external vendors.
- An interest in, or knowledge of, ultra low-latency systems.
- Experience in programming Python (Pandas, Numpy, SciPy) a bonus.
What we offer
We will enable and support you to succeed at Optiver. Our environment fosters critical thinking and experimentation. We believe in giving our people what they need to succeed, including learning and development opportunities and plenty of feedback.
We built the culture at Optiver on the combination of unique challenges and incredible people. We expect the best – and we give it in return. We've built an enviable workplace that focuses on giving smart people the tools they need to create amazing success. With a range of perks and benefits designed to make your life easier, working at Optiver gives you the freedom, the help and the encouragement to do your best work.