At Optiver we do things differently; we are a market maker who is breaking the mould of traditional trading. Our success depends on high performance robust in-house systems and technology. In modern trading, nanoseconds matter and optimising is harder than ever. Success in this landscape demands fast iteration, curiosity, and creative problem solving.
As our business has grown and diversified, so has our infrastructure team. We’re looking for a talented Network Engineer with experience working in a low latency environment where you will play a major part in designing and managing our trading networks. You will focus on ensuring our low-latency environment continues to keep us highly competitive in the constantly evolving trading industry. You will apply your skills to trading problems to ensure that network latency isn’t a blocker to our mission of improving the market.
What you’ll do
- Research, innovate, and implement latency optimisation in our trading environments
- Collaborate with developers, researchers and our hardware engineers to ensure our speed and success in the market
- Build intimate knowledge of exchange environments throughout Asia Pacific as well as Optiver’s trading systems influencing low and high level design
- Profile, monitor, and benchmark our network system in a lab environment
- Keep abreast of new industry developments, evaluating how they may be applicable in our environment.
- You’re a detailed and research-focussed engineer with extensive network engineering experience in a hands-on capacity
- Low latency networking and performance tuning across focussed on networks but with exposure to or understanding of Linux and application stack performance
- Extensive experience in network design and implementation, network troubleshooting and network hardware configuration
- You thrive in a competitive environment with a focus on delivery
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are a conscientious network engineer with an appetite for accuracy and are not afraid to go beyond the text-book concepts of networking don’t hesitate to apply now. In return for your passion, we offer you one of the best working environments in Australia with an extensive list of amazing perks, designed to keep our employees happy, healthy and engaged.