At Optiver, an important component of our overall trading strategy is our ability to provide competitive pricing to the inter-dealer broker (IDB) market. Our wholesale traders have excellent relationships with many brokers who give us access to alternative counterparties. It is these relationships, coupled with our rigorous approach to pricing, that allow us to add value in this space.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced wholesale trader to join the options market making team.
The role of a wholesale trader is to be Optiver’s link to our external trading partners. You will work deeply with numbers and strategies, but also have responsibility maintaining key international relationships, managing large portfolios, making fast decisions and handling high volume trades – often all at once. From your first day on the trading floor you will be seeking out alternative ways to improve pricing in the markets, including:
- Constantly looking for creative quantitative solutions to real world events ahead of the competition
- Build tools, conduct analyses and lead projects that take your team’s trading strategies to the next level
- In our mission to improve the market, you’ll work collectively with leading traders, technologists and researchers in the industry, to keep us at the top of our game
- 2+ years in a role that relied on building relationships
- A passion for numbers and trading
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to negotiate with others to arrive at a desired outcome
We truly value the talents of our team and foster a collaborative and supportive working environment. We believe in a culture of high performance and reward impact and added value. Apply now to find out more!