At Optiver, trading is our business. Our success depends on high performance systems and technology. In modern trading nanoseconds matter and optimising is harder than ever. Success in this landscape demands fast iteration, curiosity, and creative problem solving.
This is where you come in.
What you’ll do
You will improve our trading results using insights driven by data. You’ll work closely with the development, research and trading teams. You will develop hypotheses and test them experimentally. You’ll direct engineering efforts and build tools to monitor and optimise our low-latency trading strategies. You’ll work with cutting-edge hardware and terabytes of data. You’ll reverse engineer systems to understand how to improve our trading success.
In short, you’ll be responsible for defining and driving improvements to our trading through technology. This position ideally suits a candidate with 2-5 years of experience.
What you bring
- You want to deeply understand how computer systems work and have built some experience in line with this e.g. memory allocation, caches, system programming, networking.
- You enjoy using Python to build tools and make sense of large data sets. You have experience with relevant libraries (Pandas, Numpy, SciPy) and may have experience with other data science toolkits (R, Matlab).
- You have natural scientific and critical thinking skills, as well as an eye for detail.
- You’re a clear, concise communicator. You’re able to coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups, challenging thinking and obtaining buy-in.
- You’re able to present complex ideas with data to expedite decision making.
- You focus on pragmatic outcomes and have the ability to prioritise effectively.
- You’re interested in the trading problem.
- If you have experience in reverse engineering, it will help you get up to speed nice and quickly.
What we offer
We will enable and support you to succeed at Optiver. Our environment fosters critical thinking and experimentation. We believe in giving our people what they need to succeed, including learning and development opportunities and plenty of feedback.
We built the culture at Optiver on the combination of unique challenges and incredible people. We expect the best – and we give it in return. We’ve built an enviable workplace that focuses on giving smart people the tools they need to create amazing success. With a range of perks and benefits designed to make your life easier, working at Optiver gives you the freedom, the help and the encouragement to do your best work.