Optiver is a global market maker specialising in providing trading opportunities on exchanges all over the world. Mathematics and statistics are ever-present components throughout the process of designing strategies and making trading decisions, as our traders and researchers combine to achieve our goal of improving the market.
Our team of researchers work alongside traders to solve a range of mathematical problems, from ad hoc market analysis to sophisticated model creation and tool development.
As our business has grown and diversified, so has this team. As a result, we are now looking for a senior researcher to join and help drive the team forward.
Here are some of the things that you’ll be involved in:
- Equity market analysis and derivatives pricing model creation as required by and in collaboration with trading teams
- Making actionable strategy recommendations through analysis of both external market data and internal system data
- Collaborating with trading and development teams to optimise systems and build new tools for trading decision making
Here are some of the skills and experiences that you will likely bring with you:
- Experience working in trading/finance environments. The more relevant to options market making the better, but at the very least you have worked in quantitative research roles within finance.
- Deep quantitative research and modelling skills. You have lived and breathed maths and stats for much of your career. You have a passion for solving maths problems and you have the skills to make it happen.
- A track record of successful leadership of research projects. You will be able to demonstrate that you have effectively interacted with various teams and added significant value to businesses that you supported.
- You enjoy mentoring others, sharing your knowledge and helping them to improve.
Of course, it’s not all research and modelling; we have plenty of time for fun, too. We have an extensive range of perks on offer. From gaming and social societies, through weekly massages and health and fitness memberships to annual company trips away, regular team events and more, there really is something for everyone. Apply now for more information on what makes Optiver a great place to work!