Do you enjoy ‘thinking big’ about global financial markets? Can you strategise about what political and economic events might mean? Are you intellectually curious and have the drive to learn?
If so, consider a role with Optiver as a Junior Global Macro Analyst. We are seeking someone who can help our traders react to emergent market themes and developments. Whether it’s a catalyst such as a French presidential election or an unexpected Federal Reserve interest rate hike, we need the best insight and analysis to perform. You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on our trading and position taking on a daily basis, as well as finding the space for your skills and career to grow. Are you ready?
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
At Optiver, you’ll work with our global team of analysts to maintain fundamental coverage of Asian equities and indices. Reporting to the Senior Macro Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Producing commentary and analysis of overnight / intra-day news developments
- Development and maintenance of Asian equity dividend forecasting models
- Political and economic scenario modelling
- Statistical modelling of financial market prices and economic data
WHO YOU ARE:
- Possesses excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance/Economics/Engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience in relevant sell-side or buy-side research roles, such as Analyst, Economist or Strategist roles
- Great attention to detail and strong numerical and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated passion for global markets, politics and economics is required
- Derivatives research / trading experience is advantageous
- Bloomberg and Python experience is a plus
- Japan market experience or Japanese language skills a plus
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.