WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
We now have an exciting job opportunity for a Market Risk Analyst who is passionate about the financial market to join us. You will control market related risks in China:
- Maintaining and improving the market risk management governance and control framework
- Advising on risk limits policies and methodologies
- Building, maintaining and improving risk reports and tools
- Following up and enforcing solutions for limit violations
WHO YOU ARE:
- A recent graduate or with up to 3 years of experience in a similar role
- An academic degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Risk Management, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics etc.
- A fast learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborative, organised and detail-oriented
- Experience with coding (Python, VBA, Matlab or other) will be favourable but not essential
- Proficient in English and Chinese communication
- China Fund Qualification Certificate is a must
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com
We recruit on a rolling basis so the sooner you apply, the sooner you could secure your Graduate role!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]