WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
FPGAs are critical in executing successful trades. With no external clients, we operate in a fast feedback, quick release environment. You’ll work in a close knit, multidisciplinary team to design and develop accurate, efficient devices that solve real business problems. You’ll also:
- Take ownership of a project with tangible business value
- Explore new mechanisms for faster data communication/processing to accelerate network infrastructure and trading systems
- Work with the cutting-edge software and hardware technologies in a highly competitive industry
- Develop rigorous FPGA design or test benches using a combination of VHDL, System Verilog, or Python.
If you’ve excelled over the summer and shown us your potential, you could receive an offer to join us as a graduate FPGA Developer!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Students who are graduating in or after 2023
- Studying an Electronic/Electrical Engineering/Microelectronics/Computer Science or similarly technical degree
- Familiar with Xilinx or Intel FPGA device architecture, design flows, tools, and digital logic design concepts.
- Familiar with HDL languages: VHDL and/or Verilog as well as some experience with Python and/or C++
- Knowledgeable about Linux commands and scripts
- Understand network protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP
- Keen to create high-performance, low-latency designs that critically impact trading success
- Strong interests of heterogeneous computing and FPGA acceleration architecture in machine learning area
- Deeply passionate about technology, particularly FPGA hardware, and have a range of out-of-classroom projects or activities to prove it
- Team players who love working with like-minded peers and are always looking to learn and improve
- Interested in the trading/quantitative finance industry (previous knowledge is not required)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive internship salary, free accommodation, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com
Note: the selection process will start from January 2022.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]