WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
We now have an 8-week IT developer internship program commencing in July 2022 for students who are passionate about software and curious about how technology is used in a financial trading company. As a development team intern, you will have the opportunity to manage a project from end to end, learn to work on complex code base and to make contribution to production systems. You’ll be solving real trading and IT problems both technically and functionally to improve our trading success.
During the internship program, you will be assigned with an experienced mentor who will show you the ins-and-outs of our trading systems and provide you with guidance and feedback. Additionally, internal resources will be available for your continuous learning and development. If you’ve excelled over the summer and shown us your potential, you could receive an offer to join us as a graduate developer!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Students who are graduating in or after 2023
- Studying a Computer Science, Computer/Software/Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering or similarly technical degree
- Knowledgeable about object orientated design and development concepts (experience with C++, C#, Python or Java is required for our technical assessment)
- Natural problem solvers who love nothing more than tackling a complex technical challenge
- Team players who love working with like-minded peers and are always looking to learn and improve
- Interested in the trading/quantitative finance industry (previous knowledge is not required)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive internship salary, free accommodation, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com
Note: the selection process will start from January 2022.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]