WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
To win in the markets, we need robust, clean and performant software. Great engineering comes through in its simplicity. Our globally distributed trading systems are continually competing and we care about solving complex problems with simple solutions. Engineers at Optiver take ownership for the full stack in tackling the problem (not by being told the requirements). You’ll also:
- Take ownership of a project that will have tangible business value
- Build high-performance software, including sophisticated trading algorithms, low latency connectivity software, modern user interfaces and everything in between
- Utilise large volumes of data to analyse and optimise our systems for performance and effectiveness, directly improving our trading success
- Partner with our Trading, Risk and Research teams in a fast feedback, quick-release environment
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2022 graduate student OR a recent graduate (up to 4 years)
- Studying a Computer Science, Computer/Software/Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering or similarly technical degree
- Knowledgeable about object orientated design and development concepts (experience with C++, C# or Java is required for our technical assessment)
- Natural problem solvers who love nothing more than tackling a complex technical challenge
- Team players who love working with like-minded peers and are always looking to learn and improve
- Interested in the trading/quantitative finance industry (previous knowledge is not required)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com
We recruit on a rolling basis so the sooner you apply, the sooner you could secure your Graduate role!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]