An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious individual with at least 3 years’ experience to join the Finance Team as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds, commodities and foreign currencies.
Sydney is the hub of Optiver’s APAC operations and supports trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will complement team by:
- Preparation of accounting entries, calculations and journal entries
- Maintaining record keeping and operating requirements of Optiver’s banking relationships and controls
- Ensuring compliance with the risk and control framework
- Preparation of cash and capital reporting, analysis of non-trading FX impact and liquidity monitoring
- Ensuring accurate and efficient month-end close, including trial balance review and commentary
- Building and maintaining monthly / quarterly analysis, reporting and relationship building with key stakeholders in the wider company.
- Preparing balance sheet substantiations and investigating accounting or transactional anomalies
- Monthly preparation of tax calculations in partnership with the Tax team (including income tax, GST, FBT)
- Production of the annual budget / plan
- Applying best practice to preparation of the annual financial statements for various entities
- Supporting group reporting and external audit process
- Identifying improvement in processes, controls and workpapers, and ensuring these are well documented
- Opportunity to contribute to wider projects and technology change initiatives
WHO YOU ARE:
The role will suit a person with a keen interest in the financial markets, ideally seeking to broaden their exposure in financial services. Possessing 3-years’ experience in an accounting
- CA/CPA equivalent, or working towards
- A finance or business-related degree
- Strong awareness of control environment and a dedication to improving control framework in all tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in Finance processes and system improvements, including identifying and delivering technology-driven change initiatives
- Good understanding of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience in journal -entries preparation and balance sheet substantiation
- Advanced Excel Skills and proficiency in other data manipulation tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Someone with a keen eye for detail, a strong desire to keep learning and somebody who enjoys upholding highest standards of excellence and integrity in the services delivered
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with ability to package information clearly and concisely
- Strong business acumen, commercial judgement and stakeholder management skills. Focus on value add
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We have an extensive list of amazing benefits, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work. You will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best. Benefits include breakfast and lunch facilities, training opportunities, gym membership and many more.