WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for setting architectural direction for parts of our system, delivering large bodies of well-engineered code and owning projects that directly impact Optiver’s cutting-edge trading systems. You will collaborate with fellow Engineers, Traders and Researchers to develop a deep understanding of trading, exchanges and what the 'machine' is doing. You're not attached to tools and technologies, you focus on solving problems. Your challenge is to further innovate and maintain the foundation underlying our wider infrastructure. Some other responsibilities include:
- Own the design, development and deployment of services that comprise our globally distributed trading platform
- Build partnerships across the business to ensure we're feeding the best ideas into our solutions
- Manage deployments to reduce risk, and provide production support where required
- Find the simplest, cleanest solutions and continually optimise them
- Build software that balances complex system performance in a reliable trading environment.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Senior Software Engineer to be someone with:
- Extensive experience working as a Senior Software Engineer on distributed systems, and mastery of one or more OOP languages (C++, Java, C# or Golang)
- A passion for solving complex problems with well engineered, fit for purpose, code
- A solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals like operating systems, data structures and algorithms
- Proven ability to work through the full software development lifecycle, from gathering requirements, to testing and deployment
- Experience making architectural recommendations on IT solutions, design & approach
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.