We’re looking for a talented mid-level, Content Writer with a solid understanding of marketing and the digital landscape. It’s vital you have excellent writing and storytelling abilities.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Sydney, Chicago, London and Shanghai, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange.
What you will do
As our Content Writer, you will use your strong grasp on our firm’s brand identity to create a range of compelling assets. As part of our APAC Marketing & Communications team, you will apply your versatile content writing skills to help us build the Optiver brand among potential recruits, as well as other niche audiences. You will work closely with our team of marketers to develop and execute a strategic communications plan that achieves the business objectives of several departments across the firm.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Write copy for a wide range of channels, both internal and external, long and short format.
- Assignments and projects will span social media, website, blog, emailers, presentations, press materials, video and podcast scripts, job descriptions, internal communications and corporate communications.
- Tell compelling stories that uphold brand guidelines, particularly tone of voice.
- Execute a high volume of briefs, quickly delivering both corporate and creative content.
- Ensure Optiver’s strategic communications plans permeate all of your copy.
- Help improve the conceptual level of our communications.
- Assist in managing internal communication platforms and drafting internal communications
- Work closely with our Digital Marketing Manager, while reporting into the Head of Communications.
- Help optimise content by analysing the performance of our digital efforts, reporting on results and using your insights to continuously improve our content and campaign engagement.
Who you are
- A versatile, all-round content writer who can seamlessly switch between a long-format blog post and catchy advertisement.
- Independent team player: you are collaborative while being a resourceful, self-driver
- Both creative and analytical: someone who can creatively craft copy as well as monitoring platform analytics to optimize performance
- Highly executional: you thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with urgent deadlines.
- Tech savvy: you keep up with the latest technologies and trends in your field.
- Organised: you can structure, and project manage your own workload.
- Proactive: You autonomously seek out information and engage with stakeholders.
- Ambitious: A confident teammate, hungry to grow and comfortable working in a flat-structured meritocracy.
What you’ll need
- A relevant bachelors or masters academic degree
- 2-5 years’ experience as a copywriter/content writer
- Diverse portfolio of writing samples
- Journalism background beneficial but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- English speaker
- Knowledge of HubSpot will be beneficial
What you will get
The opportunity to work with passionate and talented people to across the business. You will enjoy absolute freedom to determine strategies and drive initiatives that will help us share the story behind the Optiver brand.
You will work in a high performance and stimulating environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your impact. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and extends well beyond that, including: an attractive bonus structure, additional leave entitlements, continuous learning and development opportunities, daily breakfast and lunch, premium gym membership and personal training, weekly massages and meditation sessions plus regular company and team social events. We make sure you are equipped to work from your home until such time as we can all safely return to the office.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.