WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Business Analyst in our Enterprise IT team, you will play a critical role in accelerating our understanding of the processes in our counterpart functions. You'll focus on transforming the tools, systems and processes across the business to achieve greater efficiency, assurance and control. You will work closely with HR OR Finance to understand their requirements, analyse processes, and translate needs into actionable outcomes for the Enterprise IT team. Some other responsibilities include:
- Working with stakeholders to define success outcomes, metrics for processes and systems
- Understand the data requirements to enable our business functions; developing data models and subsequent data maps
- Ensuring all current and new processes are documented
- Collaborating with the broader IT team to understand technical capabilities, and defining requirements for them
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Business Analyst to be someone with:
- 3+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst in the Finance or HR space(s) and understand the key concepts of control and assurance
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements for Engineers/Developers
- Experience with process analysis, issue identification and process engineering
- Passionate about data; understand how its produced, structured and used to achieve business outcomes
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.