At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Campus Recruiter, your primary focus will be on hiring for our Graduate positions as well as our summer internships. You will be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment cycle of our candidates: from identifying talent at events, assessing whether they will be a cultural fit for Optiver, through to delivering an offer and even greeting them on their first day. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this will be your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy and make an impact.
Who are we
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do
The recruitment team in Amsterdam is 10 people strong working across our three departments: Trading, Tech and Business Operations. The graduate team exists of 5 campus recruiters focusing on identifying the best talent from all over the globe. As a campus recruiter you will have a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- End-to-end recruitment for all graduate positions. You will take ownership of the entire candidate experience, from initial engagement through assessment and to offer stage, ensuring a swift process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with top tier universities and targeted student groups (study associations);
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders;
- Be responsible for all on-campus and in-house activities and events for students including giving company presentations, attending career events, hosting in-house days and managing interview days. You will use your creativity and critical eye to constantly evaluate how we can improve and expand our activities to make sure we reach the right talent.
- Regularly travel across The Netherlands, UK and India during peak season (currently all our recruitment activities take place online due to COVID-19);
- Develop innovative recruitment strategies to reach new talent and drive data-driven decisions;
- Taking part and/or take ownership in different Recruitment projects like interview quality, candidate experience and diversity & inclusion;
What you will need
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree (WO/HBO);
- 1+ years of recruitment experience (in-house or agency side);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Outstanding service minded focus with a professional presence, positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility with regards to working hours, since the events and traveling can take place during the evening and weekends.
- Experience and solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit for international vacancies;
- Enjoy a high-paced and dynamic working environment. Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with often challenging deadlines;
- Cultural sensitivity, including the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together, this means that you will be part of ambitious and fun recruitment team who work together on getting the best people in. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay ([email protected]).
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.