At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Campus Recruiter, your primary focus will be on hiring for our Graduate positions as well as our summer internships. You are responsible for the end-to-end recruitment cycle of our candidates: from spotting them at events, interviewing them to assess whether they are a cultural fit for Optiver to making them an offer and even greeting them on their first day. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this is your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy and make an impact.
Who are we
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do
The recruitment team in Amsterdam has 10 recruiters working across our three departments: Trading, Tech and Business Operations. The graduate team exists of 5 campus recruiters focusing on talent acquisition from all over the world. As a campus recruiter you will have a wide variety of responsibilities like:
- End-to-end recruitment for all graduate positions, ensuring an excellent and timely candidate experience
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our top tier universities and targeted student groups (study associations);
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders;
- Be responsible for all on-campus and in-house activities and events for students including giving company presentations, attending career events, hosting in-house days, managing interview days and show your creativity in the process;
- Regularly travel across The Netherlands, UK and India during peak season (currently all our recruitment activities take place online due to COVID-a19);
- Develop innovative recruitment strategies and drive data-driven decisions;
- Taking part and/or take ownership in Recruitment projects, like interview quality, candidate experience and diversity;
- Manage employment documents for offer packages.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree (WO/HBO);
- A minimum of 2 years of recruitment experience (corporate or agency side);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Outstanding service minded focus with a professional presence, positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Highly flexible person with a can-do attitude (this is not a 9 to 5 role);
- Experience and solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit for international vacancies;
- Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment often with tight deadlines;
- Cultural sensitivity, including the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and Cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Claire van Raay ([email protected]).
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.