At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
As Optiver’s business and global span continues to grow rapidly, there is a new permanent role – Head of Finance Operations. In this role you will be leading a team of five and supporting the Head of Finance. You will be exposed to talented people including finance professionals, IT engineers and developers, and traders. This role offers opportunity for career growth, contributing to continuous improvement initiatives and the ability to support ongoing business growth.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Head of Operational Finance you will be leading a team of 5 and supporting the Head of Finance. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively leading and managing the Accounts Payable, Payroll and bank administration functions, training the team in resolving production issues.
- Focus on internal control matters and drive control awareness through all layers of the team, including raising risk incidents on a timely basis, co-ordinate management responses and manage remedial actions
- Mentor, manage and train a team of five by driving and supporting a culture of trust, transparency, collaboration and continuous self-development
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to embed financial analysis in decision making
- Play a leading role in various projects and technology change initiatives
- Review and develop where appropriate business processes and policies to ensure adequate internal control measurement, monitoring and compliance
- Proactive collaboration with the broader Finance team to ensure efficiency and accuracy in the monthly general ledger close process.
- Lead compliance obligations such as the Small Business Payment Times Reporting Scheme
- Support internal and external audit activities and inquiries
- Maintain and enhance professional and technical knowledge through continued education courses, professional publications, and active participation professional networks
- Supporting the preparation of the annual financial statements for various entities
WHO YOU ARE:
You have at least 15 years’ professional experience working in and leading successful Finance operations or equivalent teams. You will be able to provide clear examples of leading and operating successfully in a fast-paced environment, driving change programs and advising on internal controls and best practice in process efficiencies. You will have excellent communication and influencing skills, approaching tasks with a problem-solving and controls-based mindset, with a constant focus on continuous improvement.
Optiver needs our Head of Finance Operations to be someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business
- CA/CPA equivalent
- Advance excel spreadsheet skills and a good Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment
- 15+ years’ experience in operational finance or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing successful teams
- Experience in managing payroll and accounts payable / accounts receivable processes
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and focus on delivering outcomes with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to develop relationships with team members and key stakeholders
- An ability to manage high volume and unpredictable workloads to effectively prioritise
- Strong business acumen and commercial judgement with focus on value add
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.