As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our ability to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. Our Institutional Trading teams are central to that success, trading directly with 600+ counterparties across the globe.
As we continue to scale, we are looking for highly-motivated, experienced sales traders with a desire to work in an autonomous environment. Entrepreneurism and creativity is encouraged, and your influence will directly impact trading decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with institutional counterparties in the listed US options space
- Work closely with traders to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and liquidity offering
- Develop participant profiles, reports and analyses on counterparties
- Actively update and manage a CRM system
- Attend and participate in conferences and seminars
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in a sales trading role covering buy-side firms, with a focus on US index/equity options
- Strong knowledge about the cash equity options market and its participants at the various exchanges
- Leverage existing contacts within index and equity options buy-side community, and the capability to build new relationships
- Able to manage the organization of events and effectively present material
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- Excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Competitive attitude, eagerness to constantly improve, team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations governing the equity options markets
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.