At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
Optiver is looking for an HR Generalist to join our growing Singapore office. The right individual is a highly organised self-starter able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. This person will be a trusted resource for our employees as we scale our Singapore operations.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is global electronic market maker. We use our own capital, at our own risk, to trade on major financial markets around the world, 24 hours a day. We aim to always provide prices for a wide range of products including listed derivatives, equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange. As such, we have no clients but provide liquidity services to the financial markets on which we trade. We do this by developing our own trading strategies and systems, using originally developed code and cutting-edge technology.
Optiver Asia Pacific represents one of three business units of the Optiver group (the others being Europe and the US). The Asia Pacific business unit includes the following locations: Sydney (regional headquarters); Hong Kong; Shanghai; Singapore and Taipei. The business in Singapore is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years with anticipation of significant growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding
- Provide advice on employee relations, enterprise agreements and legal requirements to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Own the local immigration process and right to work checks
- Manage our employee benefit offerings and vendor relationships
- Help support the monthly payroll process
- Manage various administrative and reporting duties including managing employee records, changes and documenting internal processes
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Training administration and coordination
- Wear multiple hats – provide ad-hoc support for the Human Resources team and collaborative efforts as a firm
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Administration, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of HR Generalist experience, preferably in Financial or Internet Service Industry
- Solid working knowledge of Singapore Employment law, general HR policies and procedures & HR development / updates
- Hands-on experience in dealing with the relevant statutory bodies such as MOM, HPB, CPF etc
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.