An exciting opportunity has opened for a driven and organised individual to join Optiver as a Mobility Partner. A newly created position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and coordination of relocating employees and candidates from one country to another. The core of this role is to be the key point of contact and subject matter expert for immigration and visa enquiries, set-up, and overseeing transfers between Optiver offices – all whilst ensuring as smooth a transition as possible. This role would be suited to someone who’s confident in dealing with stakeholders, working autonomously, and with strong problem-solving capabilities.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing internal relocations and new hire relocations within APAC
- Managing all queries regarding immigration from candidates and Optiver employees
- Managing all visa/relocation enquiries, including liaising with external providers R.E. visa submission and immigration
- Liaising with external vendors to establish contracts and processes i.e. removalists, insurance etc
- Developing and maintaining partnership with various lines of business in-order to:
- Ensure clear understanding of business requirements, strategic approach and compliance standards
- Communicate to the business immigration standards and strategy
- Assist in developing communications, training, and other material related to Global Mobility compliance
- Supporting any Optiver Global Mobility program development or roll out
- Creation, roll out, and management of regular communication and education for internal stakeholders regarding Optiver’s global mobility policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ensuring any relocations and relevant immigration documentation and process are compliant with local immigration, labour, employment, and tax legislation
- Developing and maintaining a real-time relocation data reporting function to enable the effective tracking and ongoing management of relocations, and accurate reporting
- Identifying problem areas and providing recommendations for process improvement
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2+ years of experience in an equivalent role
- Proven experience pertaining to relocation, immigration, and employee mobility
- Knowledge of Australian visa processes essential, wider-APAC knowledge desirable
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate clearly, concisely and with confidence
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and tasks with rapidly changing priorities
- Problem-solver – ability to identify and drive operational efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.