Optiver is looking for an experienced Compliance Analyst with a strong understanding of options and futures. This person will assist and report to the Chief Compliance Officer for all compliance management. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and use an analytical skillset to support on-going compliance needs and initiatives within the team. As a Compliance Analyst, you will work closely with regulators that may include the SEC, FINRA, CME, CFTC, and self-regulatory organizations.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage form filings, securities registration/licensing, and SRO Exchange registration through the FINRA Web CRD portal (Form BD, U4, U5);
- Assist in the preparation of other regulatory filings, including responses to inquiries;
- Provide initial and ongoing compliance training to management and staff, including but not limited to preparing routine educational presentations;
- Facilitate rule interpretation, continuing education and best business practices through training and issuance of compliance memos;
- Draft and update compliance written supervisory procedures;
- Review and clarify proposed industry rules for applicability;
- Conduct reviews of employees’ outside brokerage accounts and outside business activities;
- Monitor firm-wide communications;
- Maintain accurate compliance records that allow the team to quickly address potential areas of concern.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Compliance function;
- Understanding of electronic trading, with a focus in options and futures, preferred;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple on-going projects in fast paced, high performing trading environment;
- Excellent eye for detail;
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity;
- Proactive approach to field internal questions and future regulations;
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment;
- Knowledge of compliance regulation with respect to the SEC, FINRA, CME, and CFTC, preferred;
- Willingness to cross train in all areas of compliance and establish strong working relationships with exchanges, regulators and vendors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on follow-through;
- Experience with Schwab Compliance Technologies, Global Relay and FINRA Web CRD preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY & LOCAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Compliance Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Compliance Analyst, you may be required to take an (online) assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.