WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Operating in 50+ exchanges around the world, we are building our Security team to take control of our cybersecurity and help our business stay ahead of emerging threats across our offices. As a Security Engineer, you will join our global security team in our fast-paced Sydney office to help protect our data, infrastructure, and operations. You will get the chance to take ownership of our cybersecurity controls to ensure our defence always remains up to the task.
You will have the opportunity to combine your knowledge of IT infrastructure, project management and a problem-solving mindset to solve business issues and independently work on improvement opportunities. This is a highly collaborative position, you will be involved in a variety of tasks such as security operations and engineering, risk analysis and security governance. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and use monitoring tools to protect our systems, as well as perform security incident response and remediation when an issue is found.
- Take ownership of operational issues, as well as project-based work, where you will act as a lead engineer to deliver from conception through to completion.
- Work on security-related user requests and serve as point of escalation for the user support team.
- Be part of a flexible rotating on-call roster to support our global operation.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Security Engineer to be someone with:
- 5+ years of experience working in a Security Engineering or Incident Response related role.
- An interest in cybersecurity events and research, with a strong engineering instinct and a deep understanding of both technical and business problems.
- Automation scripting experience in Python or PowerShell, and good knowledge of Linux systems.
- Exposure to endpoint security controls such as AV, EDR, Vulnerability Scanning and Patch Management.
- Knowledge in common OS attack vectors, system hardening, and secure privilege escalation.
- Experience delivering projects end to end individually and in a team environment, from initiation to implementation.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment.
- We offer competitive remuneration, including: an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.