At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are constantly inspired by one another, the diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
An opportunity now exists for a self-motivated Office Manager to join our Hong Kong office.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
In this broad and exciting role, the main responsibilities will include executing office operations and initiatives to a high standard including:-
- Office administration;
- Management of office supplies and maintenance of equipment
- Executive Assistant support for management
- Manage third-party service providers such as cleaners and caterers
- Ad-Hoc office administration
- Co-ordinate employee benefits
- Accounts payable duties
- Facilities management
- Front of house and reception duties
- Booking domestic and international travel
- Organisation of company events
- Workplace Health and Safety
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Optiver needs our next Office Manager to be someone with:
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience
- you will be able to provide clear examples of contributing successfully to your prior organisations
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Experience with facilities management and proven EA experience
- An understanding of building infrastructure fundamentals
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Solutions focussed and proactive
- Excellent English written and verbal communication. Mandarin a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.