Optiver are looking for World Class Engineering Talent to develop the next generation Front and Back end solutions for our Options and Delta 1 trading teams. These solutions will require greenfield development of tooling and back-end functionality to ensure the efficient dissemination and delivery of information to our traders.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
What you’ll do:
As a Full Stack Engineer, you'll be primarily responsible for the desktop applications traders continuously interact with to run the trading business. As some of our frontends are directly supported by specific (C++) backends, you will also be expected to work with those. You will definitely have the opportunity to work on other parts of our systems as well. Activities range from
- Designing and developing user interfaces able to reliably deal with the busiest market circumstances
- Investigating and improving performance of the applications on the desktops of traders
- Improving and automating the workflow of traders
- Our frontend desktop applications are mainly written in C# with WPF and C++ with Qt, running on Windows. You will need to have extensive experience with this technology stack or similar desktop UI toolkits or be more than willing to learn on the job
- Interact closely with Traders and Researchers to understand the business needs and design effective solutions
- Sitting in the heart of the action on our trading floor – one of the most dynamic you will be amidst the action and get instant feedback on the results of your work.
In this video you can watch Dovile Vitonyte and David Gross, both Software Engineers at Optiver, describe what Engineering entails within an electronic trading firm and what you need to join our Trading Technology Team
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Software Engineer with a genuine and deep desire to write clean and correct code, combined with a strong interest in delivering architectural and strategic solutions, topped off with a considerable dose of realistic and sustainable pragmatism allowing you to simply get things done;
- A solid grasp of computer science, knowing your algorithms, memory-, and concurrency models, CPU-architecture, operating systems, relational databases, etc;
- As our frontend desktop applications are mainly written in C# with WPF and C++ with Qt, running on Windows, you will either need to have extensive experience with this platform and either of these languages or be more than willing to learn on the job. Next to C++ and C#, we also extensively use Python and other languages in Optiver, and you are therefore expected to be willing and able to learn new languages quickly;
- An entrepreneurial attitude and interest in the financial industry;
- We are looking for both senior and junior brilliant minds. If you feel comfortable with the characteristics outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply!
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary
HOW TO APPLY & LOCAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Full Stack Engineer Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact Will Surmeli via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Full Stack Engineer, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.