WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 36-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
We have an agile and high-performing technical environment that encourages people to adopt new approaches and learn new technologies. We are now looking for a Data Engineer Team Lead to lead the China data team to solve both data scientific and technical problems. This role will collaborate closely with researchers & traders to build out the data platform/pipeline that drives our growth. Your responsibilities included:
- Lead local team members to closely collaborate with researchers and traders to help the business scale.
- Create and streamline data pipelines to extract, transform and load data streams from various sources into our SQL data warehouse.
- Design, build and maintain automated reporting, dashboards, and ongoing analysis to visualize data and enable data-driven decision making.
- Blend your own development expertise with the best open-source frameworks and tools.
- Manage and execute projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering, transformation and modelling, analysis, and delivery of tooling or business recommendations.
- Integrate to internal & external data sources.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years industry (not necessarily in trading/finance) experience in data engineering.
- 1+ years leadership experience in leading a small development team.
- Strong knowledge of Python. Preferably, experience with Python data science stack (e.g., Pandas, NumPy and SciPy).
- Experience with engineering business critical ETL pipelines and distributed data processing frameworks.
- Experience with tuning various database performance: relational, in-memory, non-relational, etc.
- Experience with data modelling and data warehousing.
- Experience with retrieval and visualization of large data sets.
- Outstanding communication skills. You’re able to coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups, challenging thinking and obtaining buy-in.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
In return for you joining our elite team, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]