At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious product controller with at least 5 years’ experience to join the Product Control team as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an experience Product Control Analyst, you will be responsible for applying your knowledge of financial products to ensure correct valuation and accounting of financial instruments. You will be the primary escalation point for key stakeholders, both internal and external. Collaboration and a motivation to achieve results, is at the heartbeat of Optiver.
- Accountable for the execution and reporting of daily P&L though validation and ownership of the trading balance sheet, trading position valuation, in-line with Product Control policy.
- Ownership of the month end Trading ledger process, ensuring accounting in accordance with IFRS pronouncements
- Capacity to understand and explain desk trading strategies.
- You will guide junior team members to support their ongoing development
- Identifying and initiating small projects to improve efficiencies.
- Supporting trading with ad hoc requests.
- Ensure operational optimisation for new trading strategies.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Senior Product Control Analyst to be someone with:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Product Control, with additional experience in Financial Control and Valuation Control in a trading firm or bank
- Finance or related degree
- CA/CPA qualified
- In-depth knowledge of Product Control, markets, financial instruments and the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of derivative products (Index and equity options, forwards and futures, and warrants) and financial markets.
- Track record of improving processes and solving problems.
- Expertise in financial analysis and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills
- You are driven with a desire to add value add and a control mindset.
- Strong excel skills (VBA and SQL will be highly regarded)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.