Are you ready for the next step in your career in the field of Risk management within a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Do you have an interest in financial markets and a desire to surround yourself with the inner workings of it?
Would you like to apply your strong technical and analytical ability to improving our low-latency risk framework? If the thought of early responsibility and fast career progression in a truly meritocratic environment excites you, then you might be the new Risk Manager we’re looking for.
What you’ll do
As a Risk Manager based on the trading floor you will be responsible for developing and implementing a standardised framework to identify, measure and monitor principal risks across the firm. Working collaboratively with stakeholders from trading and technology you will take ownership of strengthening and developing the risk framework and its individual components, as well as driving the delivery of new initiatives balancing the right risk and reward.
As a Risk Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate protections are in place to prevent the firm from incurring material losses. Furthermore, you will be actively employing and strengthening the components of the internal risk management framework.
Other key tasks of the Risk Manager include:
- Assisting in the enhancement of risk processes by identifying and evaluating business critical exposures
- Overseeing the monitoring and control of the positions in the trading books on a real-time basis to make sure that business activities remain within the pre-defined risk appetite
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of the risk framework
- Effectively, credibly and critically challenging others when necessary as a second line of defense
- Coordinating assurance and testing efforts of existing risk controls.
- Expertly assessing new business activities to ensure risks arising from new products, activities and markets are properly mitigated
What you’ll need
- An academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Ecomometrics, Finance, Physics or equivalent
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and sector
- A proactive, analytical and inquisitive mindset with a willingness to speak up
- Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to continuously improve
- Being proficient in Python and VBA is a distinct plus but not a fixed requirement.
- A keen interest in the financial markets
What you’ll get
- The chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- A very competitive base salary combined with a performance-related bonus.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Risk Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on +31 (0) 20 708 70 00 or [email protected]
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Risk Manager, you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.