HR Business Partner
At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
Our HR Business Partners ensure that we have the right strategies in place to develop, engage and retain our people. The team partners with the business and with our Talent Engagement and Experience (TEE) team to deliver positive business outcomes.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an experienced HR Business Partner, you’ll be responsible for designing, executing and continually improving our performance management, coaching, remuneration, benefits and talent engagement strategies. You’ll advise on best practices, employment legislation and design fit for purpose solutions in partnership with the business. Collaboration and a motivation to achieve results, is at the heartbeat of Optiver.
- Support the business and its leaders as we scale and build capacity locally and globally.
- Manage the development, implementation, and ongoing improvements of high-quality HR projects
- Ensure effective following of the annual Performance Management process within the business unit you partner with
- Provide advice on employee relations, enterprise agreements and legal requirements to ensure regulatory compliance
- You will coach managers from all levels and areas of the business to support their ongoing development as leaders.
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our next HR Business Partner to be someone with:
- 5 years or more experience in a HR Business Partnering role
- Track record of building key stakeholder relationships, influencing great business outcomes and coaching quality conversations
- Exposure to developing key people strategies, leading projects and delivering results through these initiatives.
- Involvement in performance management, goal setting and coaching
- You are driven, passionate about talent and have excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and constructively question the status quo
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.