At Optiver, we strive for excellence in everything we do. Now, we’re looking for a Technical Writer that shares our excellence-only mindset. Because we believe that thoughtfully planned and well-orchestrated technical documentation and structure in our knowledge base is just as important as the algorithms running on our trading software. Without best-in-class processes in place, there would be no foundation upon which to build our global market making core business. Our Technology Education team is a newly created function who work hand in hand with our technical end users to address concerns, optimize their playbooks, and bring simplicity to communicating complex ideas.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
As Technical Writer you will join our Technology Education team in our fast-paced Amsterdam office to create and enhance our technical documentation for internal use.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with, and interview, technical end users to understand their problems, build and organize our technical knowledge base in Confluence, write tech tutorials and create structure in our strategic communications.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience in a large IT environment, ideally 500+ users
- Experience creating technical documentation for various technology focused audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of programming languages and/or computer science fundamentals
- Collaborate with our marketing and communications teams to ensure our internal positioning aligns with external communication
- Translate complex technical information into easily understandable information for internal stakeholders coming from different backgrounds
- Video or audio editing experience is a plus
- A strategic thinker that is able to challenge the status quo
- Results-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- A highly organized and structured individual who is able to multi-task with ease;
- A confident team player who enjoys working in a flat structure
What you'll get:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- *Please note*: this is a contract role and are therefor we are only considering local candidates
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Technical Writer. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Technical Writer, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.