As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our ability to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. Our Institutional Trading teams are central to that success, trading directly with over 450 counterparties across the globe, be that in derivatives, ETF’s or cash equities.
As we scale up even further in both the equity derivatives and cash markets, we are looking for highly-motivated, experienced profiles who want to work in an environment with unlimited freedom and where entrepreneurism and creativity is encouraged and where your influence will directly impact trading decisions.
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with institutional investors in the Equity space
- Work closely with Traders to bring market knowledge/your financial market expertise
- Collaborate with your colleagues within the Institutional Trading team to make the right steps helping in developing further the Cash Equity projects
- Get involved in internal developments with our Control Functions and Support functions to expand more
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ experience in a trading floor on Cash Equity (Sales/Sales Trader/ Electronic Execution Trader)
- Strong understanding of the ETFs and/or Equity environment
- Knowledge about Equity Market Structure
- Entrepreneurial mindset willing to take ownership in order to develop exciting projects
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- Strong communication skills and self-assurance
- A competitive hunger to perform at your very best and constantly push your limits
What you'll get:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How To Apply & Local Privacy Statement:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Institutional Sales Traders. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Cameron Marett via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.