Optiver is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented and hands-on Financial Director with a proven-track record of managing the successful and timely delivery of close packages, financial reports, and regulatory filings. As a Head of Finance, you’ll manage the day-to-day operations of our finance function and a team of talented accounting and finance professionals. You’ll collaborate with various teams across the business and play a key role in developing processes and controls for efficiency, accuracy, and completeness of financial information reported to management and external parties.
Who We Are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm of the business. Established in 2019, Optiver’s London office is quickly growing as a key player in the FX market. With its position in England’s capital city bridging European, Asian and American time zones, Optiver London embraces a truly global mindset. And it’s no wonder why. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, comprising more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages. With some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets, there’s no better place to become a citizen of the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the month-end close, ensuring accounting records are complete, accurate, and supported;
- Manage financial reporting in IFRS, external quarterly reviews, and year-end external audits;
- Oversee all financial and regulatory accounting activities;
- Manage regulatory capital computations, reporting, and support regulatory audits;
- Ensure the business is accurately advised on tax implications and status;
- Research and provide guidance on complex regulatory and accounting topics;
- Manage and assist in driving continuous improvement in internal controls;
- Manage the operations side of Finance, including accounts payable;
- Effectively lead, support, and develop direct reports, support other teams;
- Collaborate with other departments in strategic initiatives;
- Interact with Middle Office, Risk, Compliance to propose and execute improvements in information flow and project management between departments;
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset across all Finance operational activities and collaborate with other members of Finance to find on-going opportunities to support and add value to the business.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with industry experience required and ideally a CFA;
- Experience in a position that has managed the close and year-end audits as well as IFRS reporting and FCA (COREP and MIFIDPRU) filings;
- An understanding of the UK tax landscape;
- Experienced of running complex payroll and variable compensation schemes;
- Experience managing a team, projects, and processes;
- Strong track record of identifying and implementing process improvement;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, individual able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Experience in the Uncleared Margin Rule/EMIR Bilateral Margin Rules is beneficial;
- Must be highly proficient in Excel;
- Netsuite experience is a plus.
What You’ll Get:
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career in our rapidly-expanding office in the heart of London?
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.