Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced
knowledge, improved systems and streamlined processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We also have an extensive list of amazing perks, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work.
We have a strong control culture and seeks to further strengthen how we:
- industrialise the management of known risks; and
- identify new and emerging regulatory risks.
About the role
As a senior member of the core Compliance team, your work will be compliance related with a focus on Singapore regulatory and legal matters. You will also provide compliance support to Optiver activities in the APAC region.
In this broad and exciting role, the main responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and advising on Singapore compliance obligations arising from Optiver Singapore's activities, including any licensing and market conduct implications.
- Providing support in effectively managing legal and compliance risk
- Advising on legal and regulatory changes relating to our Singapore activities and advising on the impact to the business
- Coordinating with local exchanges, regulators and intermediaries as required.
- Designing, implementing and critically assessing Compliance controls, and contribute to their ongoing improvement.
- Completing filings and other requirements.
- Liaising with Optiver's other offices (some travel may be required).
Skills and Experience
- 6-8 years of regulatory experience (trading firm highly desirable)
- Ability to collaborate in cross-regional APAC teams
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Strong written and spoken Mandarin Chinese language skills
- Understanding of global markets and electronic trading and regulations, including trading in OTC derivatives.
- Experience liaising with regulator and exchange enquiries.
- Experience with mature Compliance control frameworks.
- Structured and pragmatic approach to solving problems.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and 'grey' areas.
- Ability to drive the business to manage legal and compliance risks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration and communication, including with teams in other regions.
- Open mind and desire to continually reflect and grow to be your best.
- Utilising Jira experience would be desirable.
- Passion for and knowledge of financial markets and market making industry.
What we Offer
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals to apply.