An exciting opportunity has opened-up for a motivated, intuitive and diligent individual to join Optiver as a Junior Flow Trader. At Optiver, an important component of our overall trading strategy is our ability to provide competitive pricing to institutional counterparties and the broker market. Our Flow Traders become experts in options pricing and must develop excellent relationships with these external counterparties. It is these relationships, coupled with our rigorous approach to pricing and execution, that allow us to profitably trade large volumes in this space. If you’re someone who has strong relationship building skills, a passion for trading, and thrives in a fast-paced, energetic environment, this role could be your perfect fit.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most livable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The role of a Flow Trader is to be the link in our trading team to our external trading partners. You will work deeply with numbers and strategies, but also have responsibility for maintaining key relationships, managing trading portfolios, making fast decisions, and handling high volume trades – often all at once. From your first day on the trading floor, you will be seeking out ways to improve our trading, including:
- Constantly looking for creative quantitative solutions to real world events ahead of the competition
- Make split-second trading decisions
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with counterparties such as agencies, banks and brokers
- Build tools, conduct analysis, and lead projects that take your team’s trading strategies to the next level
- In our mission to improve the market, you’ll work collectively with leading traders, technologists, and researchers in the industry to keep us at the top of our game
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2+ years in a finance-related role
- Strong quantitative aptitude
- A passion for numbers and trading
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to negotiate with others to arrive at a desired outcome
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.