Trading Execution Assistant
An exciting opportunity has opened-up for a detail-oriented, highly organised, and collaborative individual to join Optiver’s Operations team as a Trading Execution Assistant. Working alongside our Trading and Administration team in an ever-evolving environment, this role would suit a dynamic individual who’s confident in building relationships with a range of stakeholders in a fast-paced and energetic environment. Are you someone who has finely tuned attention to detail and an intrinsic drive to improve not only yourself but the processes and systems around you? If so, then this role could be your perfect fit.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Your main responsibility is to ensure the smooth execution, crossing, confirmation, and reconciliation of trades. To do so you will need to collaborate with our traders, liaise with internal control teams, and build relationships with external parties. You will build relationships with a number of external parties, including brokers, direct counterparties and clearers, to cross and clear a high volume of trades and to ensure a streamlined trade process. You will also be responsible for investigating and resolving any general position and pricing issues that present themselves throughout the trading day. You will have scope to explore your own ideas and complete projects and analysis using Python or VBA.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ability to work with sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Very high attention to detail
- Interest in financial markets
- A relevant degree – e.g. Finance, Commerce/Business, Actuarial etc
- Working experience with Excel – knowledge of Python, VBA and SQL will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
- A willingness to develop yourself and a focus on continued learning
- Well suited to a recent graduate with 1-2 years of work experience in a finance related field
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.