We're continuing to come across amazing student talent for our Internship and Graduate roles so applications have been extended. Final days to apply and secure an Internship (Summer 2022) or Graduate opportunity commencing mid-2022 or early 2023. Don't miss out!
Ready to get your foot in the door at a leading global trading firm? This is your opportunity to get directly involved in financial markets and a dynamic trading environment.
You will be working with a highly collaborative team where you will monitor trading positions daily and ensure they are within risk limits, as well as work on existing and new strategies and frameworks that impact emerging risks.
Join Optiver and accelerate your growth in a truly fascinating, high-performance environment.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With a focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As our Graduate Market Risk Analyst, you’ll be part of an experienced team who develops and delivers the risk management activities of the entire firm. You’ll help us maintain and improve our current risk framework, keeping us at the forefront of an ever-changing trading environment. You’ll analyse risk and market data to solve practical problems.
Being hands on in projects from day one, you will come to understand traders’ positions and strategies, as well as develop a macro-overview of the risks to the business.
In your day to day, you will:
- Control market and credit related risks in the Asia-Pacific region
- Maintain and improve market and credit risk management, governance and control frameworks
- Advise on limits policies and methodologies, follow up and enforce solutions for limit violations
- Maintain, improve, and build risk reports and tools
- Prepare daily reports for the Local Head of Risk
- Provide risk opinions and views to Trading and Management
- Contribute daily to ensuring that the Risk Management team stays up to date with new developments in the risk arena
WHO YOU ARE
You have a keen interest in financial markets, and have a strong set of analytical and problem-solving skills. Coupled with a natural curiosity, you are proactive by nature and can work autonomously.
- Are an adept communicator
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset, with the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) would be a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
- A final year university student or recent graduate
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].