WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We look for an experienced quantitative researcher with expertise in the options space. Key skillset requirements include:
- Formulating and improving forecasts utilisng our vast arrays of inhouse data
- Work closely with traders, who’ll directly use your results to inform their trading
- Work on complex mathematical and statistical problems related to both implied and realised volatility
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
WHO YOU ARE:
- Understanding of options pricing models & payoffs
- Proficient and passionate about all things mathematics related
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Collaborate with stakeholders and lead complex discussions
- Strive to understand the business problem not just the mathematical solution
- Ability to independently tackle problems that are ill defined utilising the resources available to define and solve
- Communicate effectively and not afraid to challenge the status quo
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]