Ready for the next step in your career in the field of Risk management within a fast-paced, dynamic, and international trading company? We’re the place to be if you are interested in understanding the inner workings and the technology of financial markets, and in directly contributing to the growth of an advanced Risk framework.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
For our Amsterdam office, we are currently looking to expand our Operational Risk Management (“ORM”) team. The main objective of the team is to ensure that the business operates within the risk appetite established by the Management Board, and identify and advise management where this is not the case. To achieve this objective, ORM designed and implemented a sound, unified framework for the risk management and internal control system.
You will play a fundamental role in continuously growing, improving, and embedding this Control Framework in the organization. You will be a facilitator in the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of operational risks, which will support the Local Management Team in making risk-based decisions.
The outreach of your role will be the entire organization, as you will be interacting directly with people across all departments. Our flat structure makes it easy to work in this set-up and enables you to quickly build a network and immerse yourself in our culture.
The content you will manage is also covering all areas of the business, so it’s almost guaranteed that no day will be like the other.
You will be empowered to contribute directly, deliver your best work, and shape your role as you develop further, because we don’t want to hire you just to tell you what to do, but so you can also tell us what should be done.
In a nutshell, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating the Risk and Control Assessment processes, Supporting all departments with the identification and measurement of appropriate KRIs;
- Facilitating the Incident Management process, facilitating reporting of incidents, understanding incident data, designing and collecting statistics, analyzing trends, and sharing relevant information with the Local Management Team, other offices, and Global Risk;
- Documenting and safeguarding the quality of the Control Framework;
- Developing and strengthening reporting on controls, risks, KRIs and incidents;
- Increasing and improving the Operational Risk and Control awareness within the organization.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology is a must;
- An analytical and investigative mind with a good eye for detail;
- A pro-active, assertive and results-driven attitude;
- An academic degree in Economics, Finance, STEM subject or equivalent;
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar role and sector, experience with risk control processes will be an advantage;
- Project management skills and hands on mentality;
- Solid interpersonal skills, a proactive mindset and an eagerness to continuously improve;
- A strong affinity for technology and data handling;
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Trading or Compliance is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills both written and orally in English.
Not sure you tick all the boxes, but have a sky-high motivation? Just reach out to us, we’re curious to hear your pitch!
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Operational Risk Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne at [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.