The MidOffice team supports our traders resolving issues with our clearing house and direct counterparties. Furthermore the team resolves exceptions based on trade and position reconciliations. In order to enable the growth ambitions of our Trading teams we have to continuously optimize processes and applications as the data volumes are ever increasing and therefore require a mindset and focus on automation of processes.
As we are strong believers of continuous development of both the organization and individuals it is also our goal to improve the team dynamics. Ultimately forging a team that is self-sufficient in its daily operations and has continuous natural successors for all positions, providing for a learning and growth experience for all team members from both a technical capabilities and a soft skills perspective.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a pro-active and well-structured Analyst with a maximum of 2 years of experience to join our MidOffice team in Amsterdam. As our new Analyst you will be working in the MidOffice which will enable you to get an excellent understanding of all processes that are triggered after we have initiated a trade. While working in the MidOffice you will interact with traders, risk managers, vendors, management, supervisory authorities and many other stakeholders. Depending on your experience, interest and discussions with the team managers we will personalize your growth path ensuring you will be able to maximize your learning curve.
Who you are:
As MidOffice Analyst you will be working closely with the Trading desks, in particular Delta1 and Equity Options. You will act as the link between Trading, counter-parties and clearing banks. Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Provide post trade support to trading desks;
- Liaise with trading desk, engineers, external parties to identify and prevent recurring issues;
- Liaise with clearing banks on ad-hoc issues as well as projects;
- Ensure trades are captured and reflected correctly in front office systems, perform trade reconciliation; and
- Maximize STP ratio of transactions, through automation and optimization of processes, controlling overdue settlements.
In terms of skillset, we’re looking for:
- Academic degree in an area related to Finance/Data Analytics/Technology;
- 0-2 years working experience;
- Ability to handle data efficiently (e.g. through querying languages SQL, Postgresql);
- Basic knowledge of Python or similar language is a pre;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A pro-active, results-driven attitude;
- An inquisitive mindset and strong numerical skills;
- Ability to work accurately, to take initiative and to show assertiveness;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to operate as a true team player;
- An innovative mindset with a drive to reduce repetitive work through automation.
What you’ll get
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Middle Office Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne at [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.