At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Campus Recruiter, your primary focus will be on hiring for our Graduate positions as well as our summer internships. You will be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment cycle of our candidates: from identifying talent at events, assessing whether they will be a cultural fit for Optiver, through to delivering an offer and even greeting them on their first day. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this will be your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy and make an impact.
Who are we:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you'll do:
The recruitment team in Amsterdam is 10 people strong working across our three departments: Trading, Tech and Business Operations. The graduate team exists of 5 campus recruiters focusing on identifying the best talent from all over the globe. As a campus recruiter you will have a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- End-to-end recruitment for all graduate positions. You will take ownership of the entire candidate experience, from initial engagement through assessment and to offer stage, ensuring a swift process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with top tier universities and targeted student groups (study associations);
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders;
- Be responsible for all on-campus and in-house activities and events for students including giving company presentations, attending career events, hosting in-house days and managing interview days. You will use your creativity and critical eye to constantly evaluate how we can improve and expand our activities to make sure we reach the right talent.
- Regularly travel across The Netherlands, UK and India during peak season (currently all our recruitment activities take place online due to COVID-19);
- Develop innovative recruitment strategies to reach new talent and drive data-driven decisions;
- Taking part and/or take ownership in different Recruitment projects like interview quality, candidate experience and diversity & inclusion;
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree (WO/HBO);
- 1+ years of recruitment experience (in-house or agency side);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Outstanding service minded focus with a professional presence, positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility with regards to working hours, since the events and traveling can take place during the evening and weekends.
- Experience and solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit for international vacancies;
- Enjoy a high-paced and dynamic working environment. Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with often challenging deadlines;
- Cultural sensitivity, including the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
What you’ll get
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Campus Recruiter. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Claire van Raay via [email protected].
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.