Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
Trading Operations Analysts work on the trading floor gaining in-depth exposure to the trading desks and various business areas at Optiver. You will play a crucial connecting role between various departments and will be responsible for taking care of all the things associated with the trading cycle.
You will be dealing with large amounts of data, need to be precise and correct, and carry out tasks within a certain time frame, whilst working collaboratively with stakeholders across the trading floor. You’ll also be:
- Managing and analyzing trader positions, market making activities, settlement/buy in risks
- Monitoring corporate events and analysing the impact upon the traders’ positions
- Managing the exercise of options contracts on all European exchanges
- Liaising with Prime Brokers, Execution Brokers, and European exchanges
- Crossing options and futures on exchanges
- Daily reporting and matching trades, checking hedges
- Facilitating the relationship with the Clearers and Exchanges
- Optimizing reporting processes through automation
- Analyzing desk’s trading fees with particular focus on financing and market making costs
- Proactively looking for trading cost and system efficiencies
- Monitoring and analyzing trading and operational risks, stock lending requirements
- Working on projects directly related to the desk’s trading activity and risks
- Analysing settlement/buy in risks and their impact on trader’s strategies
- Monitoring and analysing stock lending requirements for all desks
Who you are:
- Able to work in an accurate and structured way
- Driven to constantly improve and optimize
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with VBA, SQL & Python is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Strong affinity with financial markets
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What you’ll get:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Trading Operations Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Cameron Marett via [email protected].
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Trading Operations Analyst, you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.