Optiver is a looking for a Senior Execution Trader with a history in executing large trades. As Execution Trader you will communicate with our network of brokers, handling incoming price requests and relaying information onto the traders. It is your responsibility to get the full information and best execution for our non-screen based trades and ensuring a smooth trade process. Alongside this you will maintain and build upon our longstanding relationships within the broker community. In case of conflict you must be able to handle it constructively whilst preserving Optiver’s long standing relationships.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
Optiver's Amsterdam trading floor is one of the most dynamic and exciting in Europe. As an Execution Trader, you will become the link to our external trading partners in the inter-dealer broker (IDB) market. You will execute our large-order trading strategies, but also have responsibility for maintaining key international relationships. More specifically:
- Identify and capitalize on market opportunities both independently and within the trading team;
- Make split-second trading decisions that can instantly impact profitability;
- Constantly aiming to identify new product/market opportunities in order to diversify our strategies and maximize success;
- Improve execution and access to Equity volume;
- Represent Optiver’s quotes and execute orders with many of the world’s largest trading desks via phone, IM, and Bloomberg;
- Understand and apply knowledge of the exchanges’ rules & regulations and market structures in which we engage.
Who you are:
- A a Trader or Broker with at least 4 years of relevant experience (ideally in the equity derivatives market)
- You have a high EQ and superior interpersonal skills, along with the ability to positively influence outcomes
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to work well under pressure
- You are detailed oriented
- You thrive making fast decisions and handling a high volume of trades – often simultaneously
- You have an academic degree
What you’ll get:
- The chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Senior ExecutionTrader. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Cameron Marett via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.