With Optiver’s cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade hundreds of thousands of interconnected financial products – no matter the market conditions. To be not only active, but also precise, across such a volume of markets and products is a hugely complex challenge – which is exactly where Radio Frequency Engineering comes into play.
Optiver is looking for a Radio Frequency Engineer to join our Special Projects Team, which brings infrastructure innovation and standardisation into scalable production. With your mixed background in both Radio Frequency and Electronic Engineering, you will play an essential role in keeping Optiver at the forefront of market making. Your domain will tackle complex challenges, including optimising the high-performant systems, software and infrastructure that connects us to various financial exchanges around the world.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
To succeed as an RF Engineer at Optiver, you should have an excellent grasp of computer modelling, deep knowledge of wireless network systems, and the ability to collaborate as part of a team. You should be able to accurately identify network issues and design systems that improve speed and coverage. You will be responsible for:
- Investigating new opportunities for wireless optimisations
- Designing and implementing RF installations for new wireless networks
- Aiding the wider Special Projects Team in characterising and acquiring sites for wireless networks
- Filing for spectrum licenses and working with spectrum regulators
- Designing control systems for both existing and future links
- Monitoring the operations of and troubleshooting wireless links
- Conducting tests of our existing RF equipment
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, or a similar field
- 3+ years’ experience in the RF domain or related systems experience
- Knowledge of Electronic Engineering and RF network fundamentals
- Experience with Labview
- Proficient in planning tools such as Pathloss 5 or equivalent
- Ability/desire to travel when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Schematic Entry and PCB Layout tools
- Knowledge of RF hardware systems and testing equipment
No prior trading or financial experience is needed – our onboarding program will kick-start your career at Optiver and support you in gaining all the relevant knowledge about our business.
What you’ll get:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Radio Frequency Engineer. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected].
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.