Optiver is building a SecOps team to take control of our cybersecurity and help our business stay ahead of emerging threats across our offices operating in 50+ exchanges around the world. As a newly dedicated internal Security function, you’ll get the chance to take ownership of our cybersecurity controls to ensure our defense always remains up to the task.
You’ll closely collaborate with Infrastructure Engineers, Developers and Risk Managers across different business areas. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make a measurable impact on Optiver’s security and success.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
As Security Operations Engineer you will join our internal Infrastructure team in our fast-paced Amsterdam office to bootstrap our internal Security function. As a highly collaborative position, you’ll be in involved in a variety of tasks from managing firewalls and proxy rulesets to contributing to building and maintaining inhouse security controls and systems.
You’ll stay ahead of the curve to proactively carry out threat hunting, vulnerability scanning, and other operational activities to support Optiver's wider cybersecurity objectives. By monitoring the threat landscape adapting our systems protections against emerging threats, you will ensure Optiver’s cyber risk is reduced and our response to security incidents are timely and effective.
Who you are:
- Experience working within a SecOps function in a complex, heterogeneous infrastructure
- Experienced in deploying and managing Detection and Response systems for networks and endpoints and conversant in the challenges that come with security monitoring in a complex environment (IDS or IPS)
- Fluency with at least one platform-neutral scripting language such as Python. Experience with platform specific languages a strong plus
- Experience managing infrastructure configuration through infrastructure-as-code principles
- Experience working collaboratively in a shared codebase using git
- Strong technical understanding of a variety of endpoint operating systems
- Strong technical understanding of TCP/IP with the ability to perform protocol-level network analysis
- Experience securing workloads which span on-premise and cloud-based systems and conversant in the challenges created by such environments
- Previous experience with Identity and Access Management tools is preferable
- OSCP Certification or equivalent offensive security experience or qualifications would be beneficial
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Security Operations Engineer. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you may hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected].
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Security Operations Engineer you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.