WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Trading Systems Support Engineer, you will monitor, maintain and improve the reliability, scalability and performance of our in-house built trading software. You will be responsible for ensuring our systems are ready and able to trade when we need them. You will be first responder to incidents and responsible for seeing the problems through until they're resolved, all the while communicating to the relevant stakeholders and taking action afterwards to make sure the issues do not occur again. The key is the engineering mindset: how you can translate what you see into the design and implementation. Your role is crucial for our trading activities. Sitting in the middle of the trading floor, you have constant face-to-face interaction with end-users – Traders and Researchers as well as fellow Engineers.
You set standards for the production environment – it is more an engineering role, rather than a traditional support role. You’re close to the core business. You have a real, direct impact on our ability to trade and trading results. You work with short feedback loops and flat hierarchy. No two days are the same in our high-stakes environment.
- Monitor and support the trading platform, owning the responsibility of ensuring trading activities are conducted safely and under control.
- Coordinate and manage incidents across the environment and own the post-incident follow up.
- You’ll serve as a check-and-balance against the development teams, using data to identify where our biggest operational problems are.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise from production environment.
- Continuously drive improvement in the trading platform in a wide range of areas, including performance, capacity, monitoring and deployment.
- Automate manual workflows while maintaining safe control.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have solid experience in a hands-on support role (L2/L3) supporting complex distributed systems on Linux, preferably in the financial industry.
- You are systematic and thorough in the way you operate and drive to identify improvements in the systems you manage.
- You have a good understanding of networking, build & deployment and version control.
- You have experience reading code and can develop basic Python or shell scripts to help with automation and analysis.
- You have experience in managing production incidents in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and autonomously.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Have the initiative of getting out of your comfort zone and taking the challenge of frequent system change.
- No prior trading experience is needed – our onboarding program will kick-start your career at Optiver and support you in building the knowledge about our business.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]