An exciting new opportunity exists for a self-motivated, ambitious Senior Control Manager to join the team as the organisation continues to grow.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a key participant in global markets, trading in financial instruments for our own account. We have ambitious growth plans in terms of trading existing products and strategies for larger size, entering new markets and asset classes, accessing more sources of trade flows, expanding our physical presence into new locations and growing our workforce to cater for this.
Our mission statement “we improve the market” guides us as we seek excellence in pricing, trade execution and risk management to grow sustainably.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Control department is a partner and enabler for the business by providing assurance our risks are understood and managed with the Group's appetite.
- Develop the Trading understanding within a team through training, working on specific tasks with the team etc
- Contribute to advisory tasks by deeply understanding the Trading problem, ensuring the Compliance analysis is fit for purpose and the response is consistent and easily understood by a trading audience.
- Contribute to our in-built trading surveillance system by improving system specs, designing new or optimizing existing surveillance algorithms and parameterization.
- Contribute to risk and control assurance activities, ensuring reviews are fit for purpose, in depth analyses are undertaken
- Review risk incidents, ensuring, in partnership with risk owners, that those outside accepted risk appetite are sufficiently escalated and remediated.
- Advise on current market, counterparty and automated trading risks
- Review team operations, find ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Collaborate with the senior department members and the ORM team by promoting a challenging risk dialogue, driving a risk first culture which allows for emerging issues to be discussed and addressed in a timely manner.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are seeking an experienced trader with a strong Control mindset to join the Control department, getting involved to varied extents with the teams, strengthening their Trading understanding, bringing a Trading perspective to tasks and an “engineering mindset” to the operations.
- 7+ trading or market risk experience at a market maker or similar
- Trading domain expertise with a strong understanding of global markets and electronic trading with emphasis on stocks, ETFs, futures and vanilla stock and index options
- Deep understanding of Trading related risks in our industry.
- Able to reason through why a trading strategy interacts with the market in a certain way
- Identify and assess the risks within a trading strategy
- Precision of thought and communication
- Ability to identify root causes of incidents, band-aid solutions, false positives.
- Value strong Controls and the importance of this for a sustainably successful business.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Be part of a world leading trading firm as it continues rapid growth.
- Be a thought leader in risk management and a key player in influencing the direction of our risk culture.
- Work with senior traders, engineers and control staff, leverage your skills to strengthen our operations and grow our business.
- Exposure to the business problems and risk management across the whole business