We’re looking for a highly motivated HR Business Partner to forge strong and effective relationships with local leadership and our regional HR teams to establish best-in-class HR practices that align with local Singapore labour law.
Who we are
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution, and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, improved systems and streamlined processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We also have an extensive list of amazing perks, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work.
What you'll do
As the HR Business Partner for our new office in Singapore, you’ll be responsible for the implementation of HR processes that support the local growth strategy. Collaboration and a motivation to achieve results, is at the heartbeat of Optiver. As an independent team player, you’ll partner with regional teams in HR Business Partnering, Learning & Development, Legal and Talent Operations.
- Partner with leaders and regional HR teams to implement and support the entire employee lifecycle e.g. on-boarding briefing, performance management process, compensation and benefits, employee relations, exit management, etc.
- Proactively identify gaps in the existing processes, propose and drive changes necessary to improve HR frameworks and practices;
- Keep up-to-date with Singapore Labour Law and act on the implementation;
- Support local leadership and regional recruiting teams on talent demand planning and recruitment processes;
- Manage all local operational HR related activities (related to new joiners, leavers, transfers etc.);
- Collaborate with our Talent Operations team in Sydney on our HRIS and ATS;
- Manage HR related administration (including payroll, expatriate employees’ visa/ work permit etc.);
Who you are
You’ll be the day-to-day HR point of contact to employees and leaders for Optiver’s newest office in the APAC region. Leveraging your knowledge of the Singapore HR landscape, you’ll establish HR practices that align with local Singapore labour law. This is your opportunity to make a real impact to our business and deliver on the most important aspect that is key to the success of Optiver, our people.
- 5+ years of experience within a HR capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience;
- Extensive knowledge of Singapore HR landscape (Singapore labor law, legislation, immigration etc.) and able to transfer legal requirements into HR processes;
- Proven experience serving as a HR point of contact to managers and leaders in a business;
- Ability to constructively question the status quo, and propose constructive and creative ideas to address observed gaps;
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment;
- Flexibility and ability to manage several projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Experience in supporting hiring managers refine recruitment requests;
- Experience in partnering with recruitment teams and/or recruitment agency vendors to manage end-end recruitment processes;
- Highly self-motivated, resourceful, committed and resilient.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals to apply