WHO WE ARE
At Optiver, continuous improvement runs through everything we do. Through investment in people, technology and our working environment we have nurtured a culture of that encourages teamwork, innovation and enjoyment of work. As our business continues to grow and diversify, we are exposed to an ever-growing range of markets and risks.
In response to this we are growing our market risk management team. We are looking for someone with genuine passion for financial markets, who can bring fresh ideas to the team and contribute to Optiver’s risk management activities. The team operates in a fast-paced environment, so you’ll need great analytical and problem solving skills as well as the aptitude and attention to detail to make quick calculations and decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Controlling market and credit related risks in the Asia-Pacific region
- Improving the existing Market and Credit risk management governance and control framework
- Advising on limit requests, policies and methodologies
- Providing Risk advice and views to trading teams and management.
For candidates with more experience, you will also be involved in:
- Identifying new areas/developments that require focus
- Taking the lead on risk projects that involve multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Designing innovative risk reports and tools
- Mentoring more junior members of the Risk Management team
WHO YOU ARE
To excel in this role, you ideally have between 3-7 years of experience in a market risk, trader or portfolio manager role within a hedge fund, proprietary trading firm or investment bank.
What you need to be successful
- Curiosity – eager to learn, seeks out information
- Drive for success – Proactive, shows initiative, gets results
- Collaboration – works well with others both within the team and in other teams
- Resilience – able to bounce back from setbacks. Able to stand your ground in discussions
- Growth Mindset – able to admit mistakes, accept feedback and use this to better yourself. Always looking to improve.
- Critical Mindset – looking for why something could be wrong rather than why it must be right.
- Integrity – acting honestly in all dealings.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
If you are up to this challenge please apply now; you’ll find yourself solving dynamic, stimulating problems in an energetic and driven team. On top of this we offer an award winning working environment with great perks and a culture that strikes the perfect balance of laid back and high performance.