As a Linux Engineer, you'll be challenged to build and operate our highly automated infrastructure and solve problems across every layer of Optiver’s tech stack. You'll deliver high quality solutions and support our infrastructure that’s spread across datacentres and cloud providers. This will see you solving complex problems, which may require tweaking kernel params to account for speed and scale, analyse system trace to identify and address performance issues.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of the Infrastructure Platform and Services Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for the infrastructure deployed globally across multiple datacentres and cloud providers.
You'll combine your knowledge and experience in solution design and delivery paired with a problem-solving mindset to respond to business needs. The pace is quick, collaboration is constant, and the feedback loop is rapid. You’ll leave work every day with the distinct sense of satisfaction that comes from watching your ideas put to the test in real time.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing our fleet of Linux systems across four continents, 8+ countries and 20+ datacentres.
- Participating and collaborating in incident diagnosis, support, and long-term resolutions.
- Proposing and implementing changes that'll help us improve our systems to be robust, resilient, and efficient.
- Ensure adequate coverage across both BAU support and new product development, while driving down toil.
- Be part of a flexible rotating on-call roster to support our global operation.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience as a mid to senior level Linux Infrastructure Engineer or related role.
- You have a programming mindset to help build the right tools for continuous improvement.
- You have extensive knowledge of a wide range of Linux services and peripherals.
- You are passionate about automation.
- You have managed environments using configuration management and orchestration tools.
- You have knowledge of virtualisation with an emphasis in bare metal.
- You have a high attention to detail, coupled with strong communication skills.
- You have experience working independently on large projects, as well as participating as a supporting member within the team.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Be part of a team that promotes a “no blame” culture.
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment.
- We offer competitive remuneration, including: an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.