Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker specialising in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them!
What you'll do:
As a Macro Research Analyst at Optiver, you will be joining a burgeoning team aiming at providing the best insight possible into the Commodities markets. You will be collaborating closely with other Analysts and Traders by providing research and scenario analysis plus suggesting how this could impact the price or volatility of a commodity. This is an exciting role where you will be building out the team’s fundamental modelling framework and analysis process in a greenfield environment. Specifically:
- Continuously interact with our option traders, communicating what’s driving intra-day moves in commodities markets as they happen together with potential consequences for realised and implied volatility;
- Identify emerging themes in commodities markets that could impact future volatility;
- Produce thorough scenario analysis of known market events, such as OPEC. In particular the analysis should contain information about how the commodity is expected to move in each scenario.
What you’ll need:
- An ability to know where to look to quickly understand intra-day moves in commodity markets;
- An understanding of options and experience working directly with options traders;
- Familiarity with various research/database platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters etc);
- Knowledge of some of the structural flow we see in the commodities option space and how various market participants are using commodity options for their portfolio is a bonus.;
- Strong macro research experience, preferably with a specialized expertise in one Commodity market (Natural Gas/Metals/Oil/Agri);
- Familiarity with various research/database platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters etc.);
- An good understanding of what data is available in order to support your research to the business. The ability to decipher large datasets using programming languages such as Python or C# is beneficial but not essential.